The core business of schools is to provide students with a rich learning environment that is open, respectful, caring and safe.
This ideal learning environment optimises wellbeing. It reflects a positive school ethos that makes the school an exciting, stimulating and welcoming place.
Swayneville State School does this by:
- developing and communicating an explicit commitment to wellbeing
- acknowledging individual differences and providing opportunities for all students to learn and succeed
- applying consistent school-wide rules and consequences that are:
- collaboratively developed with students and the community
- clearly explained
- positively enforced
- rewarding of good behaviour
- providing pastoral care for students
- maintaining a physical space that maximises staff and student safety
- supporting a safe cyber environment
- supporting staff wellbeing.
The following downloadable information is freely available to support mutual understandings and provide accountability.
If further clarification or information is needed, please contact the school directly.