Swayneville State School P&C is the key forum for parental involvement within school life, and through P&C Qld - into State School Governance.
At Swayneville SS, the P&C has two major functions:
School Support and Fundraising
Our P&C focuses on three primary areas:
- Operational - Ongoing funding raising to meet needs such as bus costs etc.
- Facility upgrades - Covering and extending the tennis court is the current project.
- Tuckshop - much loved by students and staff alike.
School / Community Building
As an extension of the fundraising focus, the P&C also plays an equally important role in the following elements of school life:
- Building the school profile in the community, and to develop a sense of community identity among the staff/students/parents.
- Be the key forum for input into school decision making and reporting practises.
- Working with the school to advocate for parental needs and interests regarding school life.